Senior UI Designer
Colony Digital, Daily Hive’s creative agency, is looking for an amazing UI designer who has the ability to see the beauty in all things, is not afraid to push the limit and is able to think outside of the box to create stunning, innovative designs that will capture the attention of all audiences.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this is full-time position based in downtown Vancouver.
Who we are
Colony Digital is a full service digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. As a division of Daily Hive, Colony works on a variety of creative projects including: web design, e-commerce, app design, digital marketing, photography, videography and all things digital.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room, an open bar and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, Social Thursdays and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city. We care about you and your well-being, which is why we also offer monthly membership passes to Soulcycle!
What you’ll be doing
- Pushing the boundaries of UI/visual execution and trying new ideas
- Thinking “outside of the box” and exploring divergent concepts to develop innovative designs
- Being one of the main influencers on product specifications and executing design work with a high level of polish
- Being an advocate for user-centeric design
- You will craft design systems (style tiles, pattern libraries, responsive guides), data visualizations, UI elements, etc.)
- Craft all things UI, including screen layouts, color palettes, typography, icons, storyboards, scenarios, prototypes, and more.
- Create high quality assets to iterate through products, maintaining a clear brand identity
Who you are
- You have experience designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop and web.
- You have the ability to generate comprehensive wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for iOS, Android, and web
- You have the skills and abilities to build prototypes that demonstrate the finer details in transitions, animations, and complex interactions
- You’re not afraid to push the limits to find solutions that will positively impact product execution and quality
- You know how to present your work effectively, and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders
- You’re an excellent communicator and a team player capable of working along with high motivated and driven team
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- 5+ years of applied UI design experience
- Must have a proven background in web and mobile UI design
- Strong interaction design skills with a solid understanding of user centric design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Mastery of design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Mastery of prototyping tools such as: Invision, Craft Manager, Principle, Proto-Pie
- Ability to generate pixel-perfect production assets
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
- The opportunity to enrol in the company’s benefit program, after 3 months
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing agency? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted March 20, 2018