Who we are
Daily Hive is the premier Canadian digital media publication for millennials. We are laser focused in delivering quality hyperlocal content to serve more than 3.5 millions visitors per month.
Who you are
You’re a highly organized individual with the ability to complete multiple tasks at once. You’re a strong communicator with the ability to work with a variety of people and a hard worker who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
This is an entry level position that reports to the People and Culture Administrator, based in downtown Vancouver.
What you’ll do
- Keeping the office, meeting rooms, and kitchen areas tidy and stocked with supplies
- Supporting P&C with recruitment administration, new hires, administration, and orientation
- Assisting P&C with office lunches, team events, and company-wide events
- Order office supplies as needed
- Manage the company calendar and room bookings
- Prepare for client meetings and coordinate catering as needed
- Be the point of contact for the building management and office cleaners
- Perform work-related errands as requested (post office, bank)
- Supporting the CEO with scheduling, travel, itineraries
- Preparing meeting agendas and recording meeting minutes
- Schedule internal and external meetings for the CEO
- Receiving and distributing the mail
- Other administrative duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred
- Previous experience in an administrative or assistant role
- Knowledgeable about the ins and outs of Google Apps, especially Google Calendar and Gmail, as well as MS Office
- Highly organized, driven, and independent individual with the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work on a variety of projects at once, under pressure and with minimal guidance
- Positive and fun attitude
The benefits of working with us
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in the heart of Yaletown in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
- Dog-friendly office with a video game lounge, open bar, and occasional catered team lunches
Potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? APPLY HERE
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on October 9, 2018.