Junior Branded Writer
Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Content Department in Vancouver full-time as a Junior Branded Writer.
This is an entry-level position that reports to the Branded Editor.
You have a strong writing background and proven track record of working under tight deadlines. You have a journalism or communications background with a portfolio to prove it. You ace brainstorming sessions by serving up lots of strong ideas, and strive to make copy that’s always better than the last. You’re also a driven team player who is eager to learn from others.
What you’ll be doing
- Brainstorm and present a wide selection of creative ideas for client campaigns.
- Communicate and work with the Branded Editor regarding all projects.
- Work directly with, and learn from, the Branded Writer.
- Work on several campaigns and articles simultaneously.
- Amend, revise, and edit articles as required.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events.
- Write several articles per day.
- Meet deadlines, sometimes set for evenings and weekends.
- Maintain high standard of writing for all projects.
What you have
- Degree or diploma in English, journalism, communications, or relevant field.
- At least one year of online writing experience.
- Writing samples showcasing your writing within digital news, advertising, features, and more.
- Well versed in native advertising and sponsored content.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- A high level of accuracy, organization, and creativity while maintaining close attention to detail.
- A large reference pool of knowledge about local culture, pop culture, and a variety of topics as diverse as our client base.
- Confident, enthusiastic, and always willing to learn.
- Comfortable interviewing clients remotely or in person.
- A proven track record in high productivity and meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with the use of WordPress or similar web publishing platforms.
- Skilled with photography, graphic design, and photo editing is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of social media.
- Creative muscles and ability to think outside of the box.
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver near transit hubs.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, social events, and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on October 3, 2018