Colony Digital, Daily Hive’s creative agency, is looking for an ultra-talented graphic designer to help us take our digital media and branding to the next level. Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this is 3 month contract position with the opportunity to be extended to full-time, based in downtown Vancouver.
Who we are
Colony Digital is a full service digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. As a division of Daily Hive, Colony works on a variety of creative projects including: web design, e-commerce, app design, digital marketing, photography, videography and all things digital.
Why you want to work for us
We’re a fun group of hard working individuals, disrupting the digital media industry and dedicated to providing our clients with the best service possible. You’ll have the unique opportunity of working with the new division of Daily Hive.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room, an open bar and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, Social Thursdays and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city. At a digital media publication, you never know what’s going to be sent to the office!
What you’ll be doing
- Taking the lead in designing logos, offline advertising materials and packaging for a new product with oversight from the Creative Director
- Creating new channel brands and working on design related projects for Daily Hive, as needed
- Assisting in designing identities for upcoming channels
- Working collaboratively within our digital team on a variety of projects
- Assisting in creative direction for internal and external projects
- Enforcing brand consistency through multiple digital platforms
Who you are
- You’re passionate about designing, have a creative flair and an eye for the aesthetic
- You’re a go-getter and a collaborator who can take ideas from your teammates and turn them into reality
- You love to push the boundaries and incorporate the latest trends into your designs
- You have previous experience working as a graphic designer
- You’re extremely comfortable and know the ins and outs of Adobe Creative Suite
- You have experience (portfolio) ranging from bringing creative concepts to life visually to producing production-ready files for a variety of materials
- You’re an independent and driven self-starter who will go the extra mile to get the job done
- You have demonstrated understanding of branding, layout, colour theory and typography in digital media
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment and are an adaptor to change
- Specialization in branding with experience creating: logos, illustrations, print marketing materials and packaging required
- Must be a versatile designer capable of working with different brands
- Must have experience with logo design, packaging design, brand decks and all other generalized print design
- Experience creating brands from the ground up required
- Experience creating printer-ready material required
- Previous working experience in an agency or start-up environment is an asset
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? Email your resume, salary expectations, and links to your portfolio or published work and social media channels to [email protected] subject line “Graphic Designer.”
In your email, also include your top 3 creative pieces (both branding and print). Provide a brief overview of the project and what role you played.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted December 13, 2017