Digital Marketing Coordinator
Who we are
Daily Hive is the premier Canadian digital media publication for millennials. We are laser focused in delivering quality hyperlocal content to serve more than 2.5 millions visitors per month. With over 40 full-time employees and over 50 part-time staff and contributors, we’re going full speed ahead in 2018.
Who you are
You’re a results-driven and creative individual with a strong background in digital marketing. You’re an innovative and creative thinker who has the ability to increase awareness and acquire leads and users. You have a solid understanding of digital marketing and can work in a fast-paced and extremely collaborative environment.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room, an open bar and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches as well as two fully subsidized meals a week, Social Thursdays and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city. We care about you and your well-being, which is why we also offer monthly membership passes to Soulcycle!
What you’ll be up to
- Creating and managing a monthly social media content calendar and client marketing schedules for Instagram, Facebook and other social platforms
- Identifying and isolating key performance indicators for consideration of future initiatives or projects
- Leading the email marketing and Facebook ad campaign as well as handling all paid promotions and custom content with A/B testing
- Helping coordinate and execute on a wide range of inbound marketing activities for clients including organize optimization, paid search, blog implementation, link building, marketing automation and inbound marketing functions
- Continuously improving our digital marketing channels and optimizing them to drive high quality traffic and leads through research based on media-related industry trends
- Analyzing the day-to-day content on our website to ensure that posts are relatable and relevant to each city and communicating to your team what should be posted on each channels
- Working with your team to develop and manage social media strategies aimed towards creating brand awareness and preference by direct engagement with our target audience
What you have
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Communications, Marketing, or related creative field
- Minimum 2 years of work experience related to social media or digital marketing
- General understanding of A/B testing and conversion optimization concepts
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms and paid media for social content and Facebook ads
- Intermediate skills in, but not limited to, SEO, Google Analytics, SEM and social impressions
- Experience in HTML and Adobe Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against immediate deadlines
- A team player attitude and the ability to wear multiple hats to get the job done
- An aptitude for staying up-to-date and utilizing current and emerging social media technologies, features and best practices
The benefits of working with us
- Medical/dental/vision benefits starting after three months
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
This is a permanent position that reports directly to the CEO. As we work in a highly collaborative environment, the scope of your employment is not limited to the specifics mentioned above – this role may require you to wear multiple hats.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? Email your resume, salary expectations, and links to both your personal social media channels as well as any social media platforms that you manage, to [email protected] subject line “Digital Marketing Coordinator”. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
In your application, please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Daily Hive and what do you hope to gain from this position?
- Provide a few recommendations on how we can improve our social media platforms.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted February 9, 2018