Video Production Coordinator
Colony Digital, Daily Hive’s creative agency, is looking for a highly organized individual who has experience in digital agencies and a strong understanding of video production. You’re a great multi-tasker, capable of thinking on your feet to come up with solutions and a team player who is always eager to go the extra mile.
This is a mid-level, permanent position that reports directly to the Project Management Lead.
Who we are
Colony Digital is a full service digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. As a division of Daily Hive, Colony is a fun group of hard-working individuals, working on a variety of creative projects including: web design, e-commerce, app design, digital marketing, photography, videography and all things digital. We work hard but have fun while doing it.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate production shoots by scheduling models and locations, and managing the overall video team calendar.
- Be the primary point of contact for all clients and serve as advocate for client vision and needs to internal team.
- Lead internal brainstorms and ideation.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Support production team with administrative tasks, scheduling, research, and media gathering.
- Support video and staff with shoot preparation, equipment setup, shoot support, and video equipment, prop orders and runs, and studio management (must be comfortable using DSLRs and/or mirrorless camera systems).
- Assist with shooting and editing when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or issues.
- Handle video expenses; track and reconcile receipts and petty cash.
- Familiarity with video editing software (ie. Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro X) is an asset.
- Ensure proper backups and archives are made.
What we are looking for
- Experience in video production and editing an asset.
- Ability to be client-facing, manage client expectations, and maintain client relations.
- Experience in understanding client vision & business needs and translating to video
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment.
- Ability to work within a team structure and independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter who can move quickly to get the job done, even without explicit requirements.
- Meticulous, technical, organized, and creative and able to juggle several projects at the same time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends when required.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, social events, and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city.
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted October 9, 2018