Social Media Project Manager
Colony Digital, Daily Hive’s creative agency, is looking for a game-changer, capable of developing social strategies for client campaigns, overseeing the overall management of the Social department and taking our services to the next level.
This is a senior-level position that reports directly to the CEO.
Who we are
Colony Digital is a full service digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. As a division of Daily Hive, Colony is a fun group of hard-working individuals, working on a variety of creative projects including: web design, e-commerce, app design, digital marketing, photography, videography and all things digital. We work hard but have fun while doing it.
Who you are
If you have experience in a digital agency, are an expert on all things social, and are looking to really make an impact in a company, we are looking for you!
As the Project Manager for the Social department, you will be responsible for building up the team by creating processes and procedures, removing inefficiencies, setting KPIs, and managing a small team of Social Account Managers. In addition, your role will require you to be client-facing and to oversee all social campaigns and projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as the primary Social Project Lead on all digital marketing initiatives by liaising with internal agency teams and clients to address day-to-day challenges and opportunities for ongoing digital initiatives
- Manage and build up the social team by developing processes and best practices that will increase efficiency within the team
- Manage and train all junior members of the social team to ensure optimized performance and productivity
- Serve as a mentor and escalation point for junior staff and trusted advisor for executives
- Lead the development of social media strategies based on clients’ business goals, objectives, and audience needs
- Oversee the management of 20+ social media client accounts and be the point of contact for all client communication to maintain client relationships
- Establish insights and data-driven channel strategies for all organic social platforms
- Strategize and oversee monthly content calendars
- Develop social strategies and content plans for special launches and initiatives, from inception through post-launch
- Create organized, cohesive decks that clearly demonstrate strategic thinking and generate enthusiasm for the social work
- Establish and own KPIs and growth metrics for social; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work closely and collaboratively across video, photography, design, and other internal teams to champion fully integrated, social-first ideas
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing required
- Experience in agency and client-side, working with multiple large, established client brands is strongly preferred
- PMP certification, preferred
- Ability to manage, mentor, inspire, and motivate a team of hard working individuals
- Well-versed in experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for important metrics
- Understanding of the digital landscape, and a proven interest in staying on top of developments in social platforms and applications
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners/talent
- Strong understanding of analytics, with the ability to generate and present reports
- Tireless attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
- Hands-on experience crafting and leading social media strategies, from brief through to implementation and iteration
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room, an open bar and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, social events, and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city.
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted September 11, 2018