Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Video Department in Vancouver as an Editor. Reporting to our Head of Video Content, you will be a key player in the production of our network’s video content.
We are looking for resourceful, imaginative, entrepreneurial content creators who can work closely with a small team to make creative, fun videos for people to like and share across our platforms. Content will include social video: a mix of explainers, hosted segments, original series, special features, and branded collaborations.
Energetic, motivated, and personable, you are curious, innovative, driven, and flexible – even in the face of deadlines or budget pressure. You have an ability to organize your time and have a solid understanding of how long your projects will take. The ideal candidate will take ownership of a project from the beginning of pre-production through post-production.
You create with purpose and intention: you ask a lot of questions but can also find the answers yourself. Brainstorming and developing new ideas, you look to tell stories in new and different ways. You stay up to date on technical developments and apply new skills to work practices to help improve work-flow and quality.
You are familiar with social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, as well as Boomerang and Instagram Stories.
What we are looking for
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
- Strong eye for design and diligent about details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment.
- Ability to work within a team structure and independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter who can move quickly to get the job done, even without explicit requirements.
- Meticulous, technical, organized, and creative and able to juggle several projects at the same time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends when required.
Responsibilities and requirements
- Ability to produce videos quickly, experiment with lots of different formats, and be interested in analyzing the results of their work.
- Work with the Editorial team to make videos on topics they are covering while bridging the gap between sales projects and original content.
- Be the point person and production coordinator out in the field.
- Ability to produce storyboards and write script, headline, captions, and short articles for videos.
- Facilitate fact-checking, research, proofread, and implement appropriate edits for ongoing projects.
- Lightning fast on Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere and After Effects, all workflows being second nature, preferably with motion graphics experience.
- Develop video assets including editing of existing videos, graphic overlays to stock video, and custom videos.
- Demonstrate strong and fluent editorial techniques through proper timing, pacing, organization, sound design and asset management within a timeline to create a coherent and effective end product.
Benefits of working with us
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a crazy, hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers.
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver near transit hubs.
Interested? Please email your resume, salary expectations, social media handles, link to your portfolio, and a reel that showcases your impressive aesthetic and storytelling ability to [email protected], subject line “Video Producer/Editor.”
Please also include (and feel free to videofy):
- What you think Beyonce’s best video is
- Which character from the Batman canon (comics or animated series) that you relate to the most
- Cite two Daily Hive articles that you could turn into a video that we want to watch
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted February 8, 2017
Closes March 20, 2017