Happy first long weekend of the summer, Montreal!
Take advantage of all the Monday holiday has to offer! Whether you feel like lounging at home or exploring our fair city, it’s always good to be prepared.
To help you plan out the upcoming long weekend, here’s what’s open and what’s closed on Victoria Day in Montreal.
The bad news:
- All banks will be closed
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed
- Some restaurants will be closed
The good news:
- SAQ liquor stores will remain open for regular business hours (hooray!)
- Retail stores will remain open
- Most restaurants will remain open
- Some grocery stores will remain open
- Some pharmacies will remain open, especially larger chains like Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix
- The Biodome, the Botanical Gardens, and the Science Centre will remain open
- Garbage pickup will mostly continue as normal
- Most movie theatres will remain open
- The Casino and La Ronde will remain open
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts will remain open
- Outdoor markets, including Atwater Market, Jean-Talon Market, and Maisonneuve Market will remain open
- The STM will be running on a weekend schedule
- Giant marionette dolls are taking over Montreal this month
- 29 things to do in Montreal this weekend: May 19 to May 22