Channels
× Select City
×
×
×
News

Reward for missing Montreal boy Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou increased to $75,000

02e7bd3732eaa4ed7df7442ca2023e8f?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Montreal Staff Mar 20, 2018 11:35 am 291

The reward for any new and valuable information on the whereabouts of 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou has been increased to $75,000.

According to CBC, Rodi Furniture owner Bruno Rodi has donated an additional $50,000 to help find Kouakou.

Kouakou’s parents initially posted a $10,000 reward and over the weekend, and champion Canadian boxer Adonis Stevenson said he would contribute an additional $15,000.

On Monday, police divers searched the frigid Rivière-des-Prairies but found no trace of the boy.

Kouakou was last seen on Monday, March 12, around 12 pm in the Ahuntsic-Cartierville area, after leaving his home to visit a friend.

An Amber Alert was issued for on March 13, but it was canceled later that evening. Kouakou’s parents say they believe their son was abducted.

A petition has now been set up to relaunch the Amber Alert. 

“Our child is a good boy. He did not run away. He does not have behavioral problems. This is the situation of our 10-year-old son, whose absence weighs us every day and for whom we are working hard to find,” said the family on the petition’s website.

“All parents and family members are convinced that our child has been kidnapped.”

GoFundMe page has also been set up to support the Kouakou family. So far, over $27,000 has been raised.

Anyone with information regarding Kouakou’s whereabouts is asked to contact 911 or their local police station immediately.

The young boy is described as black, 137 cm (4′ 6″) – 142 cm (4′ 8″), and weighing 40 kg. He was last seen wearing grey pants, a black coat, and yellow shoes.

See also

02e7bd3732eaa4ed7df7442ca2023e8f?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Montreal Staff

© 2018 Buzz Connected Media Inc.