Happy Easter, Montreal!
The first springtime holiday has arrived, and we couldn’t be more excited. Whether you’re spending the long weekend at a museum exhibition, or planning out your own Easter egg hunt, it’s important to know what’s open and what’s closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday.
Check out what’s open and what’s closed throughout Easter weekend in Montreal.
The bad news:
- All banks will be closed on Friday and Monday
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed on Friday and Monday
- All post offices will be closed on Friday and Monday
- Most large grocery stores will be closed on Sunday
- Most retail stores and malls will be closed on Sunday
The good news:
- Most restaurants will remain open
- Some depanneurs will remain open
- Most SAQ liquor stores will remain open
- Some pharmacies will remain open, especially larger chains like Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix
- The Biodome, the Botanical Garden, and the Montreal Science Centre will remain open
- Garbage and recycling pickup will mostly continue as normal, call 311 if you have any questions or concerns
- Most movie theatres will remain open
- Montreal museums such as the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, the McCord Museum, and Pointe-A-Calliere will remain open
- Farmers’ markets, including Atwater Market, Jean-Talon Market, and Maisonneuve Market will remain open
- Public transit will remain in operation, though it will be operating on a weekend schedule
No matter how you’re celebrating, we hope lots of chocolate is involved. Happy Easter, everyone!