×
×
×
×
News & Policy News Grow

Elementary school students hospitalized after eating cannabis-laced cookies

Fe033f53e062d1408d6bab1c7650a341?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Darcy Matheson Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm 304
Screen shot 2018 12 06 at 2.21.09 pm

Police are sounding the alarm about the safety of cannabis edibles after two elementary school students were hospitalized after eating home-baked cookies laced with the drug.

Durham Regional Police say the two senior students from Hillsdale Public School in Oshawa fell ill Wednesday and remained in hospital overnight after being rushed there in an ambulance.

One of the students snuck several of the cookies to school and ate them with a friend, say police.

Police say one of the parents with a medical cannabis license made the edibles for personal consumption, but some of the batch had been “taken from home without consent.”

The Children’s Aid Society will be contacted to conduct a review as part of the official probe.

The force says it’s trying to educate parents, caregivers and children about the dangers of consuming psychoactive chemicals, especially at a young age.

See also

Dh newsletter logo

Get direct access to our top weekly content, contests, and perks.


Fe033f53e062d1408d6bab1c7650a341?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Darcy Matheson
Vancouver Editor at Daily Hive.
© 2018 Buzz Connected Media Inc.