Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things happening around town today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Winter Workshops with MakerYYC
Take the opportunity to learn something new this January while bonding with old friends and making new ones. Choose from a variety of different workshops happening around the city this month that will either tantalize your taste buds or give you something fun to take home that can represent the beginning of a fabulous year.
- Macaron 101 Baking Class
- Where: Ollia Macarons & Tea – 810C 16th Avenue SW
- When: January, 11, 17, 24 and 31
- Cost: $100/ person
- Wire Wrapped Crystal Jewelry
- Where: The Bourbon Room, National On Tenth – 341 10th Avenue SW
- When: Wednesday, January 11
- Cost: $50
Take a stroll through the Window Galleries of the Arts Commons and see this beautiful exhibit that includes works by Jaime Erin Johnson, Emma Powell, and Juilee Pryor. The gallery brings together the aesthetics of the traditional photographic process of Cyanotype photography, also called blue print, and the different views of the female identity, body and spirit.
- Where: Window Galleries (across from Max Bell Theatre in Arts Commons)
- When: December 5 to February 27
- Cost: FREE
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
Wear your new jersey that you got for Christmas and help the Flames make it to the playoffs by cheering them on at the dome this January!
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- Wednesday, January 11 at 7:30pm vs. San Jose
- What: See the critically acclaimed professional actor and musician, Chase Padgett perform his award winning solo show, ‘6 Guitars.’ He initially performed this show in 2010 and it quickly became the most successful show in the history of the North American Fringe Festival circuit. During this 85-minute show Padgett will become 6 different guitar players, ranging from a 19-year-old rock prodigy to an 87 year old blues man, all with their own unique voices, views and musical styles. You will leave feeling so in love with music!
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre – 160 115 9 Avenue SE
- When: January 9 to 28
- Cost: Adult – $25, Student + Senior – $20