Monday can be a funday as well. From markets to plays, check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
- Where: Various locations around town
- When: January 5 to February 2
St Patricks Island has set up a curling lane for public use so everyone can try their hand at the game. You can play in teams, as pairs, or even make up your own rules (just don’t tell anyone)
- Where: St Patricks Island – 430 8th Avenue SE
- When: Daily 9am to 7pm until the end of March
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refrigerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair of your own.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now open – weather dependent from 6 am to 11 pm
- Cost: Free
Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and it opens for the season on Saturday, December 17. The park is located on the main hill, which allows tubers to take advantage of the washrooms, eateries, retail store and other amenities located in the Frank King Day Lodge. It features 10 lanes, each of which are 200 metres in length.
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- When: Weekdays open 10am to 9pm, weekends open 9am to 5pm
Get ready to hear hit songs from the soundtracks that played over the most culturally defining events of the last 60 years, from classic to contemporary cinema. Complete with recreated iconic moments and instantly recognizable costumes, Stage West is featuring unforgettable music from the James Bond Films, Saturday Night Fever, 8 Mile, The Breakfast Club, A Hard Day’s Night, Despicable Me 2, The Graduate, Top Gun, Easy Rider, Ghostbusters, Dirty Dancing, Frozen, The Bodyguard, Titanic & so many more!
- Where: Stage West – 727 42 Avenue SE
- When: Now until February 7, 2017