Happy Friday Calgary! You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Big Rock Brewery & Metalheads United are hosting this years 420 Music and Arts Fest and Expo. Enjoy three days of rad music, eclectic art, food trucks, and many other vendors & enthusiasts.
- Where: Distortion Live Music Venue – 3828 Macleod Trail S
- When: Wednesday, April 19 to Saturday, April 22
- Cost: Single day passes $20-$30
Head to the National Music Centre (NMC) for the second installment of their new nighttime series on Friday, April 21. The night will feature a fresh roster of DJs, along with more games and good times geared towards music fans 18 years of age and older. This is not your typical night at the museum. We’ll be turning down the lights, turning up the tunes, and inviting you to explore five floors of exhibitions and interactives.
- Where: Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre – 850 4 Street SE
- When: Friday, April 21 from 6 to 10pm
- Cost: $18, $14 students (18+) and seniors
2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE
It’s not common to see political and hilarious used to describe something in the same sentence, but in this instance, it’s more than appropriate. Laugh until you cry as 1979 Prime Minister Joe Clark, decides whether or not he should put his first budget before parliament, as everyone, including his wife, Brian Mulroney, Pierre Trudeau advise him not too, in this riveting, hilarious political comedy.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8 Avenue SE
- When: April 4 to 22
- Cost: $25 -$72