Major transportation enhancements are happening this summer in Calgary to help commuters get to work or wherever they want to venture, by machine, bicycle and/or foot.
Summer is short so the city has a lot of work to do in the little amount of time. These are some of the top major transportation construction projects in Calgary for Summer 2015:
- Glenmore Trail and Ogden Road S.E. Interchange
- The Green Line Southeast Transit way Early Works Construction
- 61 Avenue S.E. Extension
- Macleod Trail and 194 Avenue S – West Connection
- Bowfort Road and Trans Canada Highway Interchange
- Bowness Road to 40 Avenue N.W. at Shaganappi Trail N.W. paving and maintenance
- Sarcee Trail
- 1 Street S.W. Underpass
- 8 Street S.W. Underpass
- Anderson Pedestrian Bridge
- Crowchild/Flanders Avenue Interchange
- Rundle C-Train Station- Pedestrian bridge, ramp & Stair Replacement
- Mcknight Boulevard widening & reconstruction
For more information about the specific projects, visit the Calgary City News Blog.