Think you got what it takes to be a sports mascot?
WELL THIS IS YOUR LUCKY DAY.
Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is hiring a ‘Mascot Performer,’ for their sports properties.
Sorry, this doesn’t include beloved Flames mascot, Harvey the Hound. Although it includes everyone else.
Dance on the field at McMahon Stadium as Ralph the Dog, fire up the crowd at the Saddledome at Hitmen games as Farley the Fox or Howie the Honeybadger at Roughnecks games.
Here’s the full list of responsibilities:
- Performing as one or more of the various mascot characters under the CSEC umbrella, not including Harvey the Hound at scheduled home games and community functions
- Positively reflecting Calgary Sport and Entertainment Corporation interests while in costume
- Effective communication with the Game Presentation department in the booking of appearances
- Costume maintenance and organization
- Perform duties as a mascot spotter to better help understand both positions and develop the appropriate skills
- Other duties as assigned
And here’s what they’re looking for:
- Previous experience as a mascot performer and in the entertainment/fine arts industry
- A high level of physical fitness which they are able to maintain in order to perform in a hot, closed environment
- An understanding of the role of a mascot as well as the ability to think under pressure and interact with large groups of people
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays when needed with the potential of daytime work during the week
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and be able to provide their own transportation
- Hockey and football knowledge is considered an asset
Top candidates will be selected to perform in costume in front of a panel of judges.