Although fall is rather short in Calgary, there are still plenty of things to do around town to make the most of it.
Fall is so short in Calgary, you have to make the most of the season! Enjoy two of Alberta’s most iconic fall activities, pumpkin patches and corn mazes!
Here are six of the best pumpkin patches to visit this October.
Head to Blue Grass this weekend for their 13th annual Pumpkin Festival!
- When: Saturday, October 8 from 11 am to 3 pm
- Where: Blue Grass Ltd. Nursery, Sod, Garden Centre – 260130B Writing Creek Crescent, Rockyview County, Balzac
- Cost: Donation to the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- When: Now until October 9, Saturday and Sunday’s from 11am to 5pm
- Where: Bowden SunMaze – Range Road 14, Bowden, AB
- Cost: Free for kids 4 and under, $9 general admission
- When: Open weekends in October – Pumpkin hunts between 10 am and 4 pm
- Where: Butterfield Acres Petting Farm – 254077 Rocky Ridge Road NW
- Cost: Free for kids not walking yet, $15.49 general admission
- When: Open weekends between October 1 and 23, including Thanksgiving Monday
- Where: Calgary Corn Maze & Fun Farm – 284022 Township Road 224
- Cost: Free for kids 2 and under, $13.50 general admission
- When: Select days between October 1 & 30 – see website
- Where: Cobb’s Corn Maze & Family Fun Park – 1500 84th Street NE
- Cost: Free for kids under 3 years old, $13.50 general admission, $25 all-access day pass
- When: Now until October 29. Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 5pm; Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm
- Where: Kayben Farms – 316034 32nd Street E, Okotoks
- Cost: Free for kids under 2, $13 general admission, $35 for a family