Channels
× Select City
×
×
×
Weather, News

Calgary to get hit with rain this Canada Day long weekend

C5667d28f1f280a1107a885ad0d95d34?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Calgary Staff Jun 27, 2018 1:38 pm 835

Canada Day is right around the corner, but unfortunately so are grey clouds and a serious chance of rain.

According to the most recent weekly forecast from Environment Canada, Calgarians can expect a few showers over the upcoming long weekend.

Beginning on Thursday, Calgary will see a 30% chance of rain and the possibility of lightning throughout the day, followed by a 70% chance of showers in the night.

canada day

Calgary weather this weekend (Environment Canada)

Friday is much the same with a 60% chance of rain, a possibility of precipitation that will stick around all the way through to Tuesday.

You might get a glimpse of sun on Saturday, however, when the chances go down to 40% during the day, but we wouldn’t bet on a dry spot in the grass during Canada Day festivities.

There is a bit of good news, though, as the temperature on Sunday will stay around 16°C — so it won’t be a cold Canada Day, it just might be a wet one.

Nothing that your trusty pair of rubber boots and a hardy umbrella can’t fix, right?

Dh newsletter logo

Get direct access to our top weekly content, contests, and perks.


C5667d28f1f280a1107a885ad0d95d34?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Calgary Staff
Daily Hive is the evolution of Calgary Buzz.

© 2018 Buzz Connected Media Inc.