Channels
× Select City
×
×
×
Videos, News

This Calgary Fire Department ad from the '80s is terrifying... but true

C5667d28f1f280a1107a885ad0d95d34?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Calgary Staff Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm 97

The Calgary Fire Department really knew how to get a message across.

This ad, which was posted to the Calgary subreddit, is a warning from the Calgary Fire Department of the mid-to-late 1980s that leaving fires unattended during the holiday season is a good way to ruin Christmas.

Though it’s not just your fireplace you need to keep an eye on, as leaving Christmas lights plugged in, candles lit, and cigarettes burning could also set off something of an inferno.

“Don’t leave potential fire hazards unattended. Please have a safe and merry Christmas,” a voiceover states in the ad, accompanied by a ceaselessly ticking clock.

Take a look for yourself, and remember to stay safe this December – no matter how cold it gets!

See also

C5667d28f1f280a1107a885ad0d95d34?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Calgary Staff
Daily Hive is the evolution of Calgary Buzz.

© 2017 Buzz Connected Media Inc.