Fun fact: Caesars were first invented right here in YYC – in 1969 to be exact, by the restaurant manager at the Calgary Inn (The Westin Calgary Hotel in present day).
So it’s no surprise that Calgary restaurants and bars make some seriously sexy Caesars – here (in no particular order!) are 15 that you should try right now.
- Vancouver sandwich shop Meat & Bread is coming to Calgary
- Earls.67 test restaurant reborn as Earls Bankers Hall
- 8 (almost) secret bars to find in Calgary
- Celebrate Canada's National Caesar Day on May 18
- Market on Stephen Ave brings local vendors to downtown Tuesdays this summer
1. TF Caesar from The Tommyfield Gastro Pub
The TF Caesar comes complete with a mozzarella stick, mini slider, celery, and more.
Address: 920-19489 Seton Crescent SE
2. Shin Ramen Caesar from Anju
It’s not every day you get a Caesar complete with ramen noodles cascading from the side. The Shin Ramen Caesar is a mix of Jameson‘s Irish Whiskey, spiced Clamato, and lime.
Address: 344-17 Avenue SW
3. Make Your Own Caesar Bar at The Beltliner
Start with the classic $7 gin or vodka and Walter Caesar clamato and add basic options like pepperoni sticks, celery, or pickles, then add $3 toppings (bacon, pirogies, chocolate cake, and cookies) or $5 garnishes (chicken and waffles, spicy shrimp skewers, breakfast sammies, smoked beef, and Caprese salad) to really up your Caesar game.
Address: 243 12th Avenue SW
4. Samurai Caesar from Ki Modern Japanese + Bar
Ki’s Caesar is a combo of Shochu, Absolut Vodka, Yuzu juice, Clamato juice, and Samurai Spices.
Address: 308 4 Avenue SW
5. K/H Caesar from Klein/Harris
Klein/Harris’ version of the Caesar uses house clam and celery broth with your choice of Eau Claire Vodka or Gin, and includes a tomato and pickled celery and carrots.
Address: Main Floor 110 – 8 Avenue SW
6. Classic Caesar from Caesar’s Steak House
You can bet the delicious Caesar from this classic Calgary steak house (opened in 1972) has stood the test of time.
Address: 512, 4 Avenue SW
Address: 110, 10816 Macleod Trail SE
7. Rodney’s Caesar from Rodney’s Oyster House
Rodney’s Caesar is made from vodka, Motts Clamato juice, lemon, prawn, fresh horseradish, and you also have the option to make it with Walter’s All Natural Clamato.
Address: 355 10 Avenue SW (at 4th Street SW)
8. NTNL Caesar from National
The NTNL Caesar is made of vodka, Clamato, spices, horseradish, pickle, chorizo, cheddar, and a cheeky splash of IPA.
9. Hy’s Caesar from Hy’s Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar
Get it regular or extra hot – Hy’s Caesar will always hit the spot.
Address: At The Core, 8 Avenue and 3 Street
10. Briggs Caesar from Briggs Kitchen + Bar
A combo of buttermilk dressing, potato chips, and warm bacon, feel free to add chicken and prawns for an additional charge.
Address: 100 – 317 10 Avenue SW
11. Day of the Dead from Blue Star Diner
Blue Star’s house Caesar, Day of the Dead, is a combo of El Amo Silver Tequila, Angry Sauce, Clamato juice, and Rogue Dead Guy Ale.
Address: 809-1 Avenue NE
12. Caesar Diablo from Anejo
This Caesar has some Latin flare and includes a combo of Blanco, habanero, Worcestershire, house pickled jalapeño, lime, and celery salt.
Address: 2116 4 Street SW
13. The Signature Caesar from The Point and Feather Neighbourhood Pub
The Signature Caesar from this neighbourhood haunt is a combo of Stoli Hot Sauce, Sriracha Hot Sauce, pineapple juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, three breaded wings, a deep fried pickle, a pepperoni stick, cheese, a spicy bean, and celery.
Address: 187-2515 90 Avenue SW
14. Caesar from Ceili’s Modern Irish Pub
This drink consists of a gin base with a dill rim, muddled cucumbers, pickle juice, and it’s topped off with a prawn.
15. Caesars from Jamesons Irish Pub
With four different kinds of Caesars here: The Jamesons Traditional, The Montreal Caesar, Carolina Caesar, and the Gin Caesar, you can’t go wrong with Jamesons when you’re craving this bevy.
Address: 1230 17 Avenue SW